Thursday, January 17, 2013

Memory Keeping


 I have always loved taking pictures and have been a "scrapbooker" for nearly two decades (um that makes me sound young hrmph). I just love being able to look back and remember and tell stories and all the yumminess that comes with photos and scrapbooking. I just read a blog post by Gretchen Rubin of The Happiness Project called "7 Reasons Why Photographs Can Boost Your Happiness." She totally nails it in this one (as per her usual).
I lost that for a few years as I struggled with my divorce and depression and I am sad that so many memories (the good and the bad) are lost. I am excited that I am finally at a point where I am wanting to take more pictures and be more active in documenting memories for my children and myself. That being said, my life is completely different from three years ago. As a stay-at-home mom I had a lot more time on my hands than I do now as a single working-mom-student-person.
Enter Project Life by Becky Higgins. I've loved Becky Higgins' work for years but she has developed this product/concept for memory keeping that is just phenomenal. It appeals to all people - men, women, and children, parents or not. Memories can be documented with NO fancy scrapbooking tools whatsoever - you don't even need scissors and glue! The process is simple but powerful and it won't take up a ton of time to maintain.

What you need to complete a scrapbook
This system is at the tippity top of my birthday wishlist! Since my birthday is still a month away, I've been diligently journaling and will be working on a setting up a good photo organization process while I wait not-so-patiently. I did make my very first scrapbooking-related purchase with some Christmas money the other day and it felt sooooooo good!

I just LOVE this SMASH line! I saw it at Micheal's too.
This planner will be for journaling.


1 comment:

  1. so sorry you went through divorce/sadness/depression:( hope things are going better!

    ReplyDelete